Who we are
In this Privacy Notice, references to “we” or “us” are to CyberLearn a subsidiary of the CyberSafe Foundation who will be the controller of any personal data processed as described in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Definition of terms:
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- DataController: Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
What platform does the notice apply to?
This notice applies only to your use of the Website and Online Courses and Content. Partner organisations and other linking sites found on the Website may also gather information and you should consult those other parties’ privacy policies as appropriate
What are the principles for processing personal data?
The following are the principles for processing data:
When We process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected;
- All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner;
- The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes;
- Personal Data shall be adequate, accurate and without prejudice to the dignity of human person;
- Data Controllers are expected to collect the minimum required data and avoid unnecessary surplusage.
- Personal data shall be stored only for the period within which it is reasonably needed; and
- Personal data shall be secured against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind, damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
What Data do We collect?
We collect the following data:
- Information that you provide when you register for a course. We will also store the results of your assessments relating to Online Courses and Content. We may also request for educational history but responding to this question will be optional.
- Personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number
- Usage Information like your username and password.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through registered courses
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, IP address, traffic data, location data, device ID or unique identifier, device type, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information about your transactions, enquiries and your activities on our platform.
How do We collect your personal data?
We collect and process your data when you:
- Register online for a course;
b. Use or view our website via your browser cookies;
c. Contact us;
d. Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our platforms.
How do We use your personal data?
We collect and process your data so that We can:
- To manage the learner account that you have with us;
- To communicate with you in respect of the courses you register for;
- To provide you with a personalized browsing experience when you use our website;
- To fulfil any contractual obligations that We owe to you;
- To maintain and improve the quality of services CyberLearn provides;
- To allow you access the full range of features on this platform;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To collect, moderate and present reviews and ratings of our Online Content and Courses to be published on our Website.
What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data:
- When We obtain your consent;
- In performance of a contract with you;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests;
- Where We have to comply with the law.
Please note that CyberLearn’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Privacy notice depends on the personal data We collect and the specific context in which We collect the information
How do We store your data?
We securely store your data on our secure servers. When you register, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Online Courses and Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share or disclose to anyone.
How do We secure your data?
We take the protection and security of your personal information very seriously. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards We use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
We also have an Incident Response Plan in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and no security measures put in place are absolutely guaranteed to absolutely protect your data. We will however do our best to protect your personal data.
How long will your personal data be retained?
- We only retain your personal data when We have ongoing contract with you that requires Us to do so (e.g. providing you with services)
- Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- Deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the learner); or
- Receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the learner) to us.
- We will, however, retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Will We disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties when permitted by law in the following circumstances:
- When We obtain your consent.
- If We are under any obligation to share your personal data in order to comply with the law.
- If all, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party provided that they continue to use your information substantially in accordance with the terms of this Privacy notice, in which case information held by Us will be one of the transferred assets.
What are your rights?
As a CyberLearner, you have a number of important rights that you enjoy as a data subject. These rights include rights to:
- Access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
- Require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold;
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
- Otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
Do we process the data of Children?
This website is not for the use of persons below the age of 13. We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
Updating this Privacy Notice
We are always looking for innovative ways to improve our services. Thus, as our website evolves, the privacy notice may change overtime as We may need to update this Notice to keep pace with changes in our services and applicable laws.
We will however notify you of any material changes to the notice before it comes into effect along with then date the changes come into effect in a conspicuous area of our website.
The Notice was last updated on the 12th of September 2020.
How do you contact us?
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Privacy Notice, please contact Us using the details below:
Email: [email protected]
How do you contact the appropriate authorities?
Should you wish to report a complaint or contact the regulatory authority, you can contact the National Information Technology Authority (NITDA)
Email: [email protected]
Address: No. 28, Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya Street, P.M.B 564, Area 11, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.