Email and Social media the two most used digital resources, almost everyone has an email or social media account. Given their almost universal nature and importance, cybercriminals are always on the lookout for ways to infiltrate them.
To keep your email safe you should:
1) Keep an eye on your account activity info by checking security notification
2) If you get an email that you’re sure is spam, don’t open it, don’t try to “unsubscribe,” unless you’re sure the sender is reputable. Simply mark the email as spam.
To keep your social media accounts safe you should:
1) Don’t give out personal info
2) Limit who can see your posts
3) Periodically check your privacy settings and update accordingly
4) Search for and delete old posts containing sensitive information